Hospitality English Program
This lesson is about writing simple and continuous Questions and Answers using Singular subjects
Duration : 90 minutes
At the end of this lesson, you must be able to :
- Identify Singular Subject and know how to match it with Simple or Continuous Verb
- Identify and use Singular Subject with Simple Present Verb in Question and Answer
- Identify and use Singular Subject with Present Continuous Verb and Non-verb in Question and Answer
Reference : Chapter 2
Exercise 3a : Hospitality English Communication
Part 1 (Individual work)
Fill in the blanks with appropriate answer based on the verb or non-verb used in the questions
- What time does this restaurant open ? It opens at 6pm.
- What does this restaurant sell ? It sells oriental food.
- Where is the waiter going ? He is going to the kitchen.
- Is he happy to serve us? Yes, He is happy to serve you Madam.
- What does the customer want ? He wants to order a plate of rice.
- Is the customer in the restaurant already? Yes, He is in the restaurant now.
- What is our boss checking there? He is checking the food
- What is he from? He is from Johore
- Does he always arrive at this hour? Yes, He always arrives at this hour
- What else does the customer need ? She needs another orange juice
Part 2 (Group Work)
Using subject He, She or Singular subject (eg : the customer), write 10 present sentences about :
- (simple verb) Q : What does this restaurant offer?
- (simple verb) A : It offers many types of food
- (simple verb) Q : What time does it open?
- (simple verb) A : It opens at 7 in the morning
- (cont verb) Q : Is your manager working today?
- (cont verb) A : Yes, he is working today
- (adjective) Q : Is this food nice?
- (adjective) A : Yes, it is very nice
- (prep / noun) Q : Is this food Malay?
- (prep / noun) A : No, It is Indian food