- Terletak di Pulau Langkawi Kedah iaitu kawasan Kilim dan hanya 10 minit perjalanan dari Bandar Kuah.
- Wildlife Park Langkawi meliputi kawasan seluas 5.5 ekar. Di dalam taman ini telah mewujudkan suasana hutan hujan tropika.
- Ia di buka untuk umum pada bulan November 2002 ketika dikenal sebagai ‘Langkawi Bird Paradise’ iaitu Syurga Burung Langkawi.
- Pada mulanya, ia memaparkan burung betina dengan spesies burung yang berbeza. Namun, dengan penambahan banyak mamalia, reptilia dan pameran lain, ia telah mengubah namanya menjadi Taman Hidupan Liar Langkawi “Wildlife Park Langkawi
- Terdapat 150 spesies haiwan dan burung yang berlainan dari serata dunia termasuk Asia Tenggara, Afrika, Amerika Selatan, Australia, Rusia dan tentunya dari Malaysia. Namun tidak terdapat hidupan liar seperti harimau,gajah di sini.
- Wildlife Park Langkawi merupakan tempat hidupan liar yang dilindungi sepenuhnya di Asia tenggara
- Ia juga menjadi interaksi yang rapat antara haiwan dengan pengunjung.
- Langkawi Wildlife Park adalah satu tempat yang amat baik bagi pengunjung yang datang ke Pulau Langkawi.
Langkawi wildlife Park located at Jalan Ayer Hangat, Kampung Belaga Pecah, Langkawi. Langkawi Wildlife Park knows as Langkawi Bird Paradise and officially opened on 24 December 2002 by chief Minister of Kedah YAB Dato Seri Razak Zain but it change the name to Langkawi Wildlife Park The visitors can enjoy with park concept like visitors can have close interaction with animals through fun feeding sessions, there are house guide service, there are verity species including birds, mammals, reptiles, fishes and orchids are exhibited here. Also there are many interesting activities organised and can be enjoyable experience for visitors
- The themepark is located at Kuah town next to Bella Vista Hotel.
- It is fully operate in 2019 with 5 hectares pieces of land and equivelant to 7 football fields on the ground. Is huge right?
- The cost is almost sixty million behind completion. The same owner of Bella Vista Hotel, Tan Sri Halim Mohamad who was build the project.
- They have total of twelve tides and water slide for kids aand adults too. I will share with you later which ride gentle and extreme.
- One of the key attractions is “The Perfect Strorm”. A water slide that towers almost six storied with a turbulance effect to give a heart pounding experience.
- Try another ride called “Ragin Racer”. Down scramble at speed of around 50km per hour all the way to ground level. Excited right? 13. There are sereval orher equally thrilling such as “Poseidon’s Revenge”, “Rainbow Rider” and many more to try.
- The park also includes a gentle rides. You can spend relaxed and fun time with family. Features calmer rides such as “Wild Water” and “River of Life”.
- Leave the kids free at “Sringkle Island”. A nice drench is a sudden downpour. It is a perfect cooling off spot for the little ones.
- Please keep your valuable items at one place to avoid misplace or stolen. The themepark management provide a rental locker at RM20 for small,RM30 for medium and RM50 for large and the they offer Cabanas rental at RM80 for entire day.
- For shopaholic get ready to explore their Bass Habour. Selling treasures toys, accessories, fashionable and branded item to take home.
- Feeling hungry? Don’t worry there wide range of food selection to choose such as mixture cuisine of Asian, Indian and Arab etc. For light and refreshment such as fast food, fresh fruits, ice cream and snack food. For selection of beverages starts from coffee and tea to fruits juices to thirst quencher.
- Operating hours and ticket price are display at the entrance.
- Bangunan 2 tingkat yang men embark an koleksi luar biasa.
- Lebih daripada 2,500 hadiah dan anugerah yang diberikan oleh pemimpin pemimpin dunia yang terkenal kepada Tun Doktor Mahathir dan lsterinya Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali.
- Ditubuhkan selaras dengan kepercayaan Tun bahawa koleksi tersebut adalah kepunyaan rakyat dan Kerajaan Malaysia.
- Pengunjung mempunyai peluang untuk menghargai keunikan dan kepelbagaian pelbagai seni dan budaya yang digambarkan.
- Ayer Hangat village is a modern cultural complex located about 14km north of Kuah Town. As a result a natural hot spring has been formed here and the name to the place given as Ayer Hangat. Ayer means water in Malay and `Hangat` means Hot, so Ayer Hangat means Hot Spring.
- Ayer Hangat village also have a legend interesting story to say how this village named Ayer Hangat. The story says there are two giants family Mat Cincang and Mat Raya got engaged into a heavy fight during the wedding of Cincang`s Son with Raya`s daughter. This is because Raya notice that Cincang`s son was eyeing another women. So, Mat Cincang and Mat Raya throw hot water and sauce each other.
- The sauce fall in one place and named kuah Town and hot water fall at another place , now called Ayer Hangat village. However the real scientific reason behind this hot water spring is quite different. The rock under the island surface here are quite hot due to geothermal heating. So the salt water on the earth which is contact with the rock at a depth get warmed up and come out as salt water hot spring.
- Earlier the village was known as Telaga Air Hangat meaning Hot Spring Well and become tourist attraction. Than, the complex has been upgraded with an addition to the hot spring being converted into a three tier well include Jacuzzis where natural hot saltwater is pumped in small ponds and fountains in landscaped garden, cultural shows, restaurant, selling souvenir and gift stalls.
- Natural hot water comes out from below the floor of the well and you can see the bubbles. As you dip your feet for the first time, you may feel the water too hot, but will soon you get used to it and start liking the feel. It is great for treating chronic skin diseases, removing toxins from the body, reducing pain of gout and refreshing yourself from fatigue.
- here is a series of twelve Jacuzzis build in Ayer Hangat Village. It is independent private units and complete with toilets and bath rooms. Natural hot salted water is pumped into the Jacuzzis from the spring. One unit can accommodate a family and up to 8 persons. The Jacuzzis is offered the rate about RM70 during promotion.
- You can go to Ayer Hangat Village by road Jalan air Hangat. We can easily take a taxi but must keep the taxi waiting for us or else you may have difficult getting a taxi to return. It is easy if we go there take rental car because there is also enough parking lot.
- Ayer Hangat Village open daily from 9.00am to 5.00 pm but the complex remains opend until 6.00pm. There are admission fee. It is very cheep only RM5 per adult and free for children below 12.
- Located on the top of mount Mat Cincang of a height of 708 meters from sea level
- The steepest cable car gradient in the world (42 degrees) and offering breathtaking views of the mountains, valleys, islands and the Andaman Sea.
- The entry to the cable car is at the Oriental Village located at the foothill of Mount Mat Cincang in Pantai Kok.
- Once you buy the tickets at the counter, you will be guided to the waiting area and move towards the cable car pedestal in a queue.
- The gondolas (cable cars) keep coming every half a minute or so. Each car has a capacity of six persons. If there is a queue, six persons will be required to get into a car.
- There are two sections of the ride. The first section takes you to the middle station, and the second section to the top station. The gradient or the slope in the first section is supposed to be the steepest in the world (42°).
View from the cabin.
- You can see the peak where the middle station is located
- As the gondola starts moving up, you will feel how the temperature starts dropping quickly. You will soon get cool breeze flowing in through the ventilation slit.
- If you look up, you can see the middle station far way up on a ridge top, if you look down you can see the buildings of Oriental Village with their gabled red roofs and becoming tinier by the seconds… it’s an awesome sight.
- Looking down from the Cable Car. You can see the islands and tiny cottages of Oriental Village
- The total distance covered in the ride up to the top station is about 2.1 km. On the way you get fascinating view of the mountain flora, rain forests, valleys, waterfalls and sometimes even wildlife and many types of birds on the ridges.
So what can you see from the viewing platforms?
- Actually there are two such platforms at the top station, one on the left and the other on the right of the cable car station. There are two short flights of stairs to reach up to the platforms that offer 360° views.
- On a clear day you will see the many tiny island scattered in Andaman sea down below, the blue waters, towering mountains, caves and overhanging cliff walls in a panoramic setting. You can also see some parts of Indonesia towards south west and Thailand towards north.
- On one side you will see the Langkawi Skybridge, a magnificent curved suspension bridge which is one of the greatest feats of engineering. You will need to walk on the bridge to believe the kind of creation it is. You get a different perspective of the surroundings as you walk over it. You can reach the bridge from the top station.
- Below you can see the food stall There is a walking trail known as Sky Trail from the top station that goes down to the middle station and then all the way down to the base station and also to Seven Wells (Telaga Tujuh) waterfall. The trail goes through forested land. The entire stretch is about 2.2kms. While walking down may not be difficult, walking up can be quite arduous.
Facilities at the Langkawi Cable Car Stations
- The base station is at Oriental Village which is full of quaint stores and eateries.
- There is a small cafe at the top station selling all kinds of snacks including burgers, grilled sandwiches, chicken and fish items, cold drinks etc.
- You will also find local artists offering to make a sketch or caricature of your face right in front of you. Or you can buy a photo souvenir capturing an instance of your own ride.
- There are small handcrafted items, souvenirs & gifts sold at the stations. One of most interesting ones is the replica of your hand that a craftsman makes with wax and you can choose the colors.
- You will also find kiosks for reflexology which is kind of a foot massage that you can take while enjoying the great views all around.
There is a post box at the top station at an altitude of 708 meters from where you can post a letter, a postcard or a greeting card to anyone you like anywhere. There are free toilets and washrooms.
- Skydome: A hi-tech 11-meter fulldome theater has been installed outdoor in July 2014. It can accommodate up to 50 persons and offers spectacular 360-degree 3D projections of galaxy, astronomy etc using 12 projectors. The shows take 10 minutes each and run between the cable car arrival and departure. It helps making the waiting time enjoyable.
Some facts about Langkawi Cable Car
- The total inclined distance covered by the cable car from the base to the top station is 2.16 kms.
- The middle station is at a distance of 1.7kms from the base. The vertical rise to the top is 680 meters although the top station is at an altitude of 708 meters from the sea level.
- The haul rope has a diameter of 50-milimeters. The Malaysia Book of Records has endorsed the Langkawi cable car having the longest free span single rope of 919.5 meters.
- This longest free span is between the second tower and the middle station. Although the design speed is 5-meters per second, the cable car is operated at a speed of 3-meters per second.
- It was constructed during the period April 2001 to August 2002, and was opened to public in October 2002. Public enjoyed free rides during the first month. One way journey takes about 15 minutes (round trip 28 minutes) excluding the waiting time at the stations.
- Opening Hours Monday to Thursday: Entry 10am to 7pm (closes by 8pm)
- Friday to Sunday (and Public Holidays): Entry 9:30am to 7pm (closes by 8pm)
- Indicative Rate Adult: RM45 per adult. Child (from 2-12): RM30. Includes Skydome. There is no time limit once you enter as long as you come out by the time it closes for the day.
- Express Ticket: RM95 per person. You can avoid the long queue at the waiting area. Includes Skydome and SkyRex. The above rates are for foreign tourists. Malaysian citizens with Mykad cards have lower rates. Combo tickets are also available combining cable car with 6D movie, duck tour, sky dome etc. You can also book a gondola for private ride. Costs RM460
Location & Contacts Address: Langkawi Cable Car, Oriental Village, Burau Bay, 07100 Langkawi, Kedah Darul Aman, Malaysia Phone: +604 959 4225 / 1225; Email: email@example.com Panorama Langkawi Sdn. Bhd. is the company that operates the Langkawi Cable Car. It’s located at the north western side of Langkawi in Patai Kok area. You can take a taxi or a rental car to reach the cable car which operates from the Oriental Village. One way taxi fare from the Pantai Cenang to Oriental Village is RM26 and takes about 20 minutes to reach. Kep the taxi waiting or else you may not get one for your return.
- A most popular beach in Langkawi, Pantai Cenang(Cenang Beach). Has long stretches of fine white sand. It has a number of restaurants and bars for evening entertainment, several hosting live music and for watching the sun set.
- Series of hotels and resorts of all kinds have come up along the beach and many of them have chalets right on the sand. The road Jalan Pantai Cenang runs by the beach.
- You can access the beach from this road. Since there are hotels close to each other along the entire stretch, you will need to find a sandy passageway between the hotels to get into the beach. I have observed that even if you access the beach through one of the hotel properties, nobody really minds.
- It has become somewhat acceptable in this part of the island. As you get to the beach, look to your left (i.e. south) and you will see a big board perched on the hill at the far end that says “Langkawi Permata Kedah” (Langkawi, The Jewel Of Kedah).
- That is the cliff which separates this beach from its southern extension known as Pantai Tengah Beach. So what can you do while on the beach? Pantai Cenang is a great beach for families. The beach is generally clean and the water is great for swimming.
- If you are interested in sunbathing, you can rent beach or lounge chairs and umbrellas right on the beach. Almost all the beachside hotels and resorts offer such rentals. This beach is popular to the Europeans and other foreigners.
- There are also kiosks on the beach offering snorkeling, boat rides, jet ski, banana boating and even parasailing. During the tourist season if you look at the sky, at any point of the time you will see several riders on the parachute parasailing from a motorboat.
- The jetski riders are advised to stay within limits and not go close to the offshore reefs and islands.
- Sea cucumbers are echinoderms from the class Holothuroidea. They are marine animals with a leathery skin and an elongated body containing a single, branched gonad.
- Sea cucumbers are found on the sea floor worldwide. The number of holothurian species worldwide is about 1,717 with the greatest number being in the Asia Pacific region.
- Many of these are gathered for human consumption and some species are cultivated in aquaculture systems.
- The harvested product is variously referred to as trepang, namako, bêche-de-mer or balate.
- Sea cucumbers serve a useful role in the marine ecosystem as they help recycle nutrients, breaking down detritus and other organic matter after which bacteria can continue the degradation process.
- Taman Alam Langkawi (LNP) terletak secara strategis di dalam kawasan Taman Kilim Geoforest.
- Ia adalah sebahagian dari Langkawi Geopark yang lebih besar dan salah satu kawasan pelancongan Eco panas terbesar di seluruh wilayah. Di LNP, kami mengulangi kepentingan Geoforest, Mangrove & Wildlife.
- Oleh itu, kami menawarkan perkhidmatan menaiki kapal untuk melihat Kilim Geoforest Park dan pengalaman luar biasa dalam berjalan melalui hutan bakau semula jadi yang tebal melalui jalan kaki sepanjang 800 meter.
- Sebagai tambahan kepada keindahan semula jadi ini, kami juga mengumpulkan pelbagai spesies haiwan dari seluruh dunia untuk kesenangan para pengunjung kami. Ini termasuk haiwan pemangsa (terutama Singa Putih), beberapa pilihan haiwan Hutan Hujan Tropika, Unta dari seluruh dunia, beruang dan antelop dari Afrika.
- Pengunjung juga dapat melihat beberapa spesies burung terbang bebas di dalam kandang burung kami. Sebilangan burung dan haiwan ini akan dibawa keluar untuk perjumpaan lebih dekat dengan pengunjung semasa Pertunjukan Haiwan kami di arena yang dibina khas.
- Geoforest : Keseronokan menikmati geoforest, dengan warisan geologi kuno & keajaiban semula jadi yang tidak terkira banyaknya.
- Mangrove Boardwalk : Berjalan-jalan santai di sepanjang jalan setapak 800 meter yang dibina khas yang dikelilingi oleh hutan Paya Bakau yang murni untuk menikmati pelbagai flora dan fauna.
- WildLife : Selain hidupan liar liar di hutan bakau, LNP memiliki koleksi pelbagai spesies binatang liar yang dipamerkan di dalam taman.