Hospitality English Program
This lesson is about writing Present, Future and Past Questions and Answers using Singular & Plural subjects
Duration : 90 minutes
At the end of this lesson, you must be able to :
- Use Plural Subject with Present, Future & Past Simple or Continuous Verb
- Use Singular Subject with Present, Future & Past Simple Verb in Question and Answer
- Use Singular & Plural Subject with Non-verb in Question and Answer
Reference : Chapter 4
Exercise 8a : Hospitality English Communication
Part 1 (Group work)
Fill in the blanks with appropriate answer based on the verb or non-verb used in the questions
- Did you buy italian speed boats ? No, We did’t buy it.
- Did Mr Ron hit the rock with the boat ? Yes, He hit it yesterday.
- Did you send him to the hospital ? Yes, We sent him there.
- How was he after that? He was alright.
- What did the doctor say ? The doctor said nothing to worry about
- When did you start this service? We started it last 5 years.
- How many boats did you have in the beginning ? We only had 3 boats.
- How many boats do you have now? Now we have 10 boats.
- Are they all functioning? Yes, they are all functioning
- May I try the boat? Certainly Sir, You may try it.
Part 2 (Group Work)
Using subject Plural subject (eg : the customer), write 10 past sentences about :
- (simple verb) Q : Did you rent the boat from here
- (simple verb) A : Yes, I rent it from here
- (simple verb) Q : How much did you pay for the rental?
- (simple verb) A : I paid only RM30
- (cont verb) Q : Were you enjoying your ride?
- (cont verb) A : Yes, I was enjoying it so much
- (adjective) Q : Were you satisfied with the boat?
- (adjective) A : Indeed, I was very satisfied
- (prep / noun) Q : What time were you there?
- (prep / noun) A : I was there about 5pm