Hospitality English Program
This lesson is about writing Present, Future and Past Questions and Answers using Singular & Plural subjects
Duration : 90 minutes
At the end of this lesson, you must be able to :
- Use Plural Subject with Present, Future & Past Simple or Continuous Verb
- Use Singular Subject with Present, Future & Past Simple Verb in Question and Answer
- Use Singular & Plural Subject with Non-verb in Question and Answer
Reference : Chapter 4
Exercise 7a : Hospitality English Communication
Part 1 (Individual work)
Fill in the blanks with appropriate answer based on the verb or non-verb used in the questions
- What type of services do you offer ? We offer massage service.
- Did you make a booking Madam ? Yes, I made it yesterday.
- Have you finished with my nails ? Yes, I have finished it already.
- When do I need to come again? You need to come here again tomorrow.
- Were you satisfied with our previous service ? Yes, I was very satisfied with it.
- Did you get pedicure service yesterday? No, I did’n get it.
- Have you finished massaging my back ? No, I haven’t finished it yet.
- Did you finish massaging Mdm Vicky? No, I didn’t finish it properly.
- How long do you take to complete a massage? Usually, we take 30 minutes
- Could you please lye down here Madam? No, I can’t lye down, my back hurts.
Part 2 (Group Work)
Using subject He, She or Singular subject (eg : the customer), write 10 past sentences about :
- (simple verb) Q : What time did the client come here
- (simple verb) A : She came about 11 am
- (simple verb) Q : What service did she ask for?
- (simple verb) A : She only asked for massage
- (cont verb) Q : Was she screaming during the massage?
- (cont verb) A : No, she was not screaming
- (adjective) Q : Was she happy with our service?
- (adjective) A : I think she was very happy
- (prep / noun) Q : Was she here yesterday
- (prep / noun) A : Yes, She was here yesterday